Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Miracle in Lufkin!

We had a miracle this past week in Lufkin. When we were giving service at a christian food bank in town called CISC, we helped a younger lady carry her food to her car and she asked Elder Hoopes if he worked there every week and he replied that we are missionaries for the Church. She then asked where the church was and what time our services are held. She said that she would come to church on Sunday and then she actually came and brought a friend! Her name is Santavia and they stayed for the first 2 meetings. And they had a little girl with them, maybe one of their kids who went to nursery and loved it. We got their contact information before they left and they said that they enjoyed church but had to leave for work. We are so excited to be blessed with this opportunity to love and serve another one of Gods children.

This past week we have been meeting with Dameon who was baptized last transfer because he hasn't been coming to church and also to have the new member lessons. We have had some really good lessons but he just hasn't been coming to church and when we ask he just gives us excuses. We are doing all we can to help him and are striving to continue to fulfill our purpose by helping him increase his faith and continue to make and keep covenants. I'm learning patience for Dameon because I love him so much and just want him to do the things that will make him happy.
We also stopped by multiple times to see Martin and Candy. They couldn't meet with us this week due to their schedule but we have followed up on the commitments we left them with and they are keeping them. Also Martin is getting off probation this week, which makes me feel even more so that he is prepared to receive the gospel at this time and I am so grateful that Elder Hoopes felt impressed to go out of our way to speak to them. It's amazing how the spirit works!  

Elder Hoopes is an amazing missionary! I have loved serving with him in Lufkin. We have developed a friendship that I hope will last forever as we have served the Lord's children. He is being transfered to Frisco and Prosper. I'm going to miss him. I'm excited to start serving with Elder Stufflebeam, my new companion who is from Cedar Hills! I actually met him once back home when he was recovering from his injuries here in Dallas. Small world! Lufkin is an amazing area and I feel so blessed to be able to continue to serve here!

Our meeting with Elder Anderson of the 12 was amazing! I loved it! We left our mission for it and went over to Fort Worth! We had the privilege to shake his hand and receive personal instruction from him. He spoke on the atonement and then he started walking around and continued speaking but asking questions and using a power point to help teach us and he was standing right next to me! His talk was amazing. It was very uplifting and encouraging to hear from him. Elder Hoopes got too see his best friend from Star Valley who is serving in Fort Worth which made him so happy! It made me happy to see him so happy! I saw Elder Chappell who was one of the AP's when I first got here to Dallas and was with Elder Weatherford  and so I saw practically one of my former companions and I love him so much. It's crazy that he goes home next transfer! I also saw Elder Degn and Elder Koenen! And other missionaries who I absolutely love!
 
This past week was Awesome! I hope it continues to be so this week and I'm pretty sure it will!
 
I love y'all a ton and love hearing from y'all! 
 
Love, Elder Drew Bowen!

No comments:

Post a Comment