Thursday, September 26, 2013

Lufkin in the Rain

This week was great. We had a specialized meeting up in Tyler and and it rained for 3 days  and we got a cold front and I have been soo happy because of it. The weather is actually normal. It feels like driving up AF canyon in the fall. It's amazing. 
 
This week we had some appointments fall through and so we didn't get to teach as much this week. We did meet with a less active family and got to know them better and I got my first solid would you be willing contact. I don't think y'all know what that is. I can't believe I haven't told you yet.  It's perfect for when people go out to eat or feel like sharing the gospel in a non-threatening way. President Durrant wanted to come up with a phrase that would help the missionary work here in Dallas and that members could use to find people and get us more referrals. It's a simple phrase that people can use with nice, friendly people they meet. They simply say would you be willing to listen to a brief presentation of my ______?(fill in the blank with faith or religion or something to that effect) in their conversation. And so I did that at Subway and the lady was really nice and said yes! So I asked for her contact info and we have a set appointment with her for tomorrow. It's going to be great! 
 
Oh ya and President Durrant wanted to say thank you for being awesome parents/ family! 

As far as teaching Santivia we haven't been able to meet with her to teach her but we have stayed in touch and I'm hoping that we will be able to teach her more. With Martin and Candy they have been cancelling and I don't know what's going on with them really but I know that God will help them to be able to have the gospel in their lives. I love them and want the best for them, so I hope everything works out. 
 
Well I love y'all! Keep on being the best family ever! I love y'all so much!
 
Love your missionary,
Elder Drew Bowen

No comments:

Post a Comment