Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Hood!

This last week was great. On Thursday night we went on splits with the zone leaders in Oak Cliff (south of Dallas) and it was awesome! It was totally the hood of Dallas but I love being around black people because I love the way they talk and just who they are. So it was a really fun exchange. We went to a bible study in Oak Cliff and it was perfect because we got the contact information for one of the ladies there and so the missionaries will start meeting with her soon. Oh and when I was on Exchanges I got to drive a car. It was the first time in months (literally) but I enjoyed it. 

So here in Richardson and the Dallas YSA things have gone great. Samantha, our investigator in the YSA, is getting baptized on the 30th so next Saturday and we are so excited for her. She asked me to give a talk at her baptism so I'm excited for that too. She is really awesome. We taught a lesson to her this week and all we did was read in Ether 12 because we felt like that was what we should do and I really felt the Spirit in the lesson. Also Ana, another one of our Golden investigators, told us this week that she is going to get baptized here instead of in Georgia. So we will be able to be there when she gets baptized! Also her daughter Natalie is going to get baptized with her on April 6th. I am so excited for their family! Also we are possibly going to start teaching Ana's mom! Teach when you find, Find when you teach! I'm so glad we are a preach my gospel mission! 

Today Elder Weatherford and I are going to be teaching a family that Elder Harden and I knocked into and we are hoping that they will start investigating the church and that we will be able to teach them again. Also Elder Weatherford and I are going to a baptism for one of his old investigators. And at this baptism there is estimated to be approximately 140 of her non-member friends there so we are really excited for the missionaries in Copell.

Oh and yesterday I was on Exchanges with my district leader and we knocked into a really awesome black guy and we got to talk to him for a while and we got his contact information so that they can start teaching him soon. It was awesome.

Well it's been a great week for me! I hope it's been the same for Y'all back home! I'll be sure to tell y'all about the baptisms next week! Love y'all!!
 
Love your missionary, 
Drew
 
(Comment by the Mommy - 3 y'alls in row, really?  He will be talking like a full-blooded Texan by the time he gets home at this rate!!  So funny!  You've got to love Drew!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment