Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Work!

I have loved getting ya'll's letters and reading your emails today! 

So I had a really awesome experience last night. Elder Weatherford and I were driving to stop by one of our investigators house's who we haven't seen in a while. As we were driving I got a random thought in my head that we should go to Eddie's house first. It was weird. We were planing on going after but I really felt we needed to go their first. My first thought after this was, "Oh that's weird." Then I thought,  "Should we really? Is this me or the spirit."  Well, I turned to my companion and asked, "How far are we from Eddies?" He replied, "Not too far, but it's in the other direction. Why?" I replied, "I just got this weird thought that we should go there first." So we went there instead and then I started praying that that really was the spirit prompting me and that I wasn't crazy. Well we got to Eddies apt. and no one was home so my companion said we should check on the Andrews family (recent convert family of 2 adults).  So we went down 2 doors in the apartment complex and they were home and let us in. And they had some friends over so we visited with them all and prayed at the end and then left. I think we really needed to be there. I don't know if we will start teaching their friends but I think it is a possibility especially because they seemed to like us. 
 
This last Sunday was my first Sunday in the actual Mission field and it was so awesome! It felt like home being in a family ward again! So the members here in Richardson are Awesome! The Hail family had us over for dinner on Sunday night and I had the most amazing 20 oz. steak ever! The members love missionaries and especially feeding us. Its great!
 
Wednesday night I realized that I am now in the shoes of the missionary we had over for dinner where we fed a missionary from England and I offered him more sticky rice (the food that night at our house just wasn't all there so the rice was on the sticky side) and the missionary said yes because he couldn't say no. Well, I am now that missionary, but I have eaten really good food that I like (on most occasions but I can always find something I do like on the table) but you just can't say no to the amazing families here! So when they bring out a full 1/2 chicken breast for seconds I have the hardest time saying no even when I'm almost full. 
 
I have seen miracles this last week! We have an investigator named Samantha and she has been taking the lessons for a few months and we have recently challenged her to be baptized on March 30th, but recently she was feeling uncertain about it and the Spirit came as we were teaching and carried the lesson away! It was awesome! We shared some scriptures that we were inspired to share as we were teaching and they both applied so perfectly to her! They were 1 Nephi 4:6 and Mosiah 18:8-10. At the end of the lesson we asked her, "What do you have against being baptized on the 30th?" and she said, "Nothing!"  It was amazing! 
 
Also Ana came to church and is totally awesome! She is really nice and is totally ready to be baptized on the 16th! I have loved being able to teach her about the gospel and help answer her questions! 
I'm so blessed everyone! 
 
I'm so excited to hear about my friends who are leaving to Serve the Lord! And that Kyle Stewart is coming to Dallas - the mission of miracles! I love ya'll!
 
Love your Missionary, 
Drew
 
Now for the Mommy commentary - Is he just the best or what!!  It's so awesome to hear his excitement for the gospel and his excitement for sharing it!  He said that he'll be emailing on Saturday's as long as he's a companion to one of the AP's.  Apparently they take 1/2 of their P-day on Monday and half on Saturday.  So even more reason to look forward to the weekend!  I also love that he gives me scriptures to read each week in his emails.  It's awesome to get to share in his missionary spirit!  He still hasn't emailed any pictures.  I'm hoping that he'll send some soon.  Once he does I'll be sure to post them!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment