Monday, July 29, 2013

A Baptism in Lufkin!

(Notes from The Mommy - This is last week's email - 7/22/13 - I'm just a little late at posting this time around.  So we'll be hearing from him again today, and hopefully there will have been another baptism in Lufkin!)
 
This past week was amazing! Dameon got baptized on Saturday!
 
So I don't know if I told you but we met Dameon because of the Andersen family! (Bro. Anderson's father was the founder of AHS) and so that's how the missionaries met him. They had invited his mother over for dinner one night (she is a member) and he decided to go too. When the Anderson's found out he hadn't been baptized they sent a text to Elder Koenen and his last companion and they went over then and there and taught him about the Book of Mormon and started teaching him. He is a great guy. He is a couple years older than me but not by much. He has come such a long ways! He has quit smoking and feels more peace in his life. He received the gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday! I'm so happy for him! His baptism was wonderful. He asked me to speak on the Holy Ghost and it was really nice to be able to have that opportunity. He was baptized by Bro. Anderson and I'm so happy for him! 
 
Also Rory had his baptismal interview last week so he is getting baptized this Saturday! I'm really excited! Rory is amazing! His family is Catholic and he invited them to his baptism and they are coming! I'm really excited to be able to meet them. He said they are only coming to suport him and are not going to stop him from converting as long as he doesn't expect them to go to his church. He asked us to invite his old Catholic priest to his baptism for him so we will be doing that this week and I hope he comes. I would love to have him at his baptism.
 
Also on Friday we filled up the font to make sure it was clean and it filled up with brown water! It was a mirky dark greenish, brownish color and we were incredibly blessed to be able to find that out on Friday instead of the day of the baptism. We found out that the reason why the water was so gross was because the last baptism was in January and the water had been sitting for 5 months. So that was our big tender mercy for the week.

And I wanted to wish Jared a Happy Birthday!!! Jared I love you so much!! I'm sending you a birthday letter this week! I hope you had a awesome Birthday! I can't believe how old you are getting!
 
Well I love y'all!
Love your missionary,
Elder Drew Bowen
 
Elders Bowen & Koenen with Dameon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment