Thursday, August 8, 2013

Getting a New Companion

I can't believe that another 6 weeks have already flown by. It seems like just yesterday Elder Koenen and I started working together. He is moving up to Prosper which is the area that was just north of mine in Frisco! I'm excited for him. I'm going to be back up training! So my new companion is Elder Hoops and he has only been in Texas for six weeks. I will be back up training him here in Lufkin. It's really nerve racking but it'll all work out in the end. So I will be finishing up his training. I'm going to learn a lot from training and having a new companion to show the area and teach. I hope we will see more success to help Elder Hoops have as good of a start as I did from Elder Weatherford. It's weird to be saying goodbye to Elder Koenen today. I'm going to miss teaching with him. This last week we taught Autumn and set a baptismal date for her. She is going to be baptized on Aug. 31. She is so fun to teach! Her and her little sister Jay are really fun kids who are just so cute. I want to help their family so much! We did everything possible to get Autumn to church. She even woke up and got dressed for church all on her own. Her mom however said that she wouldn't be able to go though because they were going some where else that morning. Hopefully we will be able to get her family there next week!
 
We taught Derick and Kassey. We met them after frisbee and we finally got to teach them again. It was good but it didn't go as well as we were hoping. We had it at a members home on Sunday and that was a blessing. He made a really big difference in the lesson. They had read so much in the Book of Mormon. It was great! We are working on teaching them again soon. They have busy schedules so it's hard to get them to set appointments. Things will work out for them though.
 
Well I love y'all and hope everything is going well for you back home as well.
 
Love your missionary,
Elder Bowen

No comments:

Post a Comment