Monday, October 14, 2013

Conference

Monday, October 7, 2013
 
Well the Super Bowl for missionaries has passed. General Conference is amazing! I always love listening to the prophet and apostles! The Saturday sessions were some of my favorites! I felt like there were some very bold talks which I loved. It's a very exciting time to be a missionary when the apostles say the Lord is now fulfilling his promise of hastening his work! It is exciting to be able to be a part of it! General Conference leaves me feeling recommitted/recharged. I learned so much and am excited to be able to apply the things I learned and felt during conference. 

Yesterday we visited people in Huntington with a member of our ward. We met a kind older lady who warmed up to us and we visited with her for a while. Hopefully she will start to come back to the church she knows to be true. We also stopped by a less active member who I had visited with once before with Elder Koenen but we had gotten a incorrect phone number so we went by and introduced him to Brother Davis and talked about coming back at a better time. I'm hoping to be able to start teaching his family.  Brother Davis told us that he really wants to have a branch in Huntington because then he won't have to drive in to Lufkin every Sunday. I would love to help him with getting a branch in Huntington. It will get there one day hopefully sooner rather than later.
 
We watched conference with Rory at the Davis' in Huntington and it was awesome! Rory is awesome! I'm so glad that I have been able to be his friend and I hope to be able to keep in touch with him forever. He offered to take me for a ride on his bullet bike. I wanted to say yes so bad but I can just see too many bad things happening if I broke that rule... ie. Dieing. It was tempting though. 
 
We have visited Dameon a few times this week. He sure is interesting but I love him. He will say the weirdest things some times. We invited him to conference and we are following up on that invitation tonight. 
 
Well I love y'all and hope y'all have an awesome week and learned lots from conference!
 
Love your missionary,
Elder Drew Bowen

No comments:

Post a Comment