Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sundays are the Best with Friends

March 24, 2014

We had another wonderful week here in Marshall! Yesterday concluded the week in one of the best ways ever! Sundays are always long with meetings and and it's the end of the week so you are really tired but I love them all the same! Yesterday B. came to church! It was awesome having him there! He got a ride to church with a member in the ward and he looked so good at church in his suit, tie and cane. His favorite part of church was gospel principles 2nd hour. 3rd hour we had to teach the mission prep. class. I would have liked to stay with him the entire time but a brother in the ward sat next to him and others introduced themselves. We didn't get to talk to him after church about how he felt about it but we had dinner with the family who gave him a ride and they said that he really enjoyed it and that he was really nice. That made me really happy. 

We meet with B. this morning and he said that he enjoyed church and that he wanted to come back next week! He said that he learned a lot that he didn't know before! It's so easy to take things for granted! I'm reminded of that all the time. We have been blessed with so much! Having the gospel in the home and being active in the church makes life so much easier! I don't know how people make it through the challenges of this life with out the light that comes from the gospel! It brings peace and joy unlike anything else. Solves problems, brings understanding and gives us direction. 

This past week we weren't able to meet with C. She was in the hospital more than usual this week. She really wants to get baptized and will be as soon as her health permits her to be able too. 

We were unable to meet with T. or A. However, A. was invited to a Relief Society dinner on Friday evening and she loved it! She was invited to go from a member in the ward who we introduced her to. Friends for investigators are so important! They really need a true friend to help them feel comfortable at church and answer their questions.

So on Tuesday I witnessed a few miracles!! I was on an exchange with our zone leaders and was working with Elder Vasquez here in Marshall. We went to one of our appointment's and it fell through. So we had a completely open day. For some reason I thought of some Spanish speaking people I had spoken to over my course of time here in Marshall and felt like we may as well stop by and see in the zone leaders can start teaching them. We went by one and no one was home then I thought of another who I had spoken to before Christmas with Elder Johnson. I remembered speaking to one lady who we met knocking doors. When she answered the door months ago she was crying. She didn't know any English and all I know in Spanish is "Hi we are missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We share a message of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are the English missionaries but can I give you a card." So I said what I knew in Spanish and wished her a Merry Christmas. I remember leaving her with a Faith in Christ pass along card. When we went by she wasn't home so we moved on to the next person I remembered talking too and they were home and Elder Vasquez scheduled a time for them to come and teach them. Then he mentioned that they had a referral in our area who requested a Finding Faith in Christ DVD. We looked up the address and found out that she is the same person I spoke to who was crying. We went by again at the end of the night and she was home and wanted to meet with the Spanish missionaries. It's amazing to see how the Lord uses the small and simple things. One card that was left with someone months ago with a website on it. I can't imagine what would have happened if my companion and I weren't being diligent. She may have never been able to meet with missionaries. 

I'm so grateful for the Holy Ghost! Having the gift of the Holy Ghost is so important! We need that continual guidance and direction! It is absolutely necessary in the Lord's Work! We should never take it for granted and always strive to follow the promptings we receive from it. That's when we see miracles take place in our lives! 

I love y'all so much! 
 
Love your missionary,
Elder Drew Bowen

No comments:

Post a Comment