Monday, April 21, 2014

Plano!


So I got to Plano and I love it!

We have been crazy busy this past week and I have an awesome companion! Elder Reid is super solid and way on top of things! I'm back in the city! It's weird. Everything is so big! Especially the houses! I think I serve in one of he most wealthy areas in the Mission! For example, we were tracting in a crazy nice neighborhood with really big houses and we were talking and what not as we walk up to this house. I look up to see if they have a no trespassing sign and I see an Austin Martin sitting in the drive way. The fist thought was I have only seen that car in video games and movies and the second was hey James Bond dives that car. Well, the house had a sign for no trespassers so we didn't knock on their door but it's just crazy how wealthy people are in Plano. But we have been teaching a lot. Every single day. We taught four lessons with members present to our investigators and have found new investigators as well.
 
We are teaching a man named E. and he is a really nice guy the sisters met and referred to us. Then there is F. and V. who are both Hindu who we are teaching. I love them they are great. They gave us cookies after our lesson and it was a great lesson. Also we are teaching a man who is Jewish and a lot of other people who I haven't met yet.

My fist day here I dropped off my bags and went right back out the door to go to work. We tracted for a while and then we taught a lesson with a member from my first area! He was in the YSA and we are teaching an investigator that we found in our area and we are going to get him into the YSA but we get to teach him still. It's awesome. His name is B. (our investigator) and he is starting to believe a little more for himself. 
 
So this past week a new video came out on Mormon.org called "Because of Him"! It is awesome! We have watched it a million times and every time it gives me the chills. We have shared it with members and investigators and people we have met on the street. We showed E. and he then posted it on Facebook to his 500 friends saying "This is what the Mormons believe." It was awesome! We told F. and V. about it and they said oh ya I already saw it. It came up as an add but it's good. It made me happy! It's gotten about 3 million views - something like that.
 
So Elder Reid is awesome! He is such a good teacher. I'm learning a lot from him and I feel like my teaching is starting to improve a lot as well. We teach asking more questions and answering more as well. So pretty much I love Plano and I love the ward even though I just barely started meeting people and  I love that we have a workout room at our apartment! It is so nice to have something to use to work out! 
 
I had an amazing Easter! I even got an Easter package from home on Saturday night and that was a huge surprise to me! Thanks!
 
So the work is good and I'm excited to keep on doing it. Miracles are about to take place in the City of Dallas!
 
I love y'all and want to share one last thing with you. My testimony of Jesus Christ. This Easter we commemorated His resurrection. What a wonderful time of year. I know that He lived, and died and rose again the third day. He did for us what we could not do for ourselves. He provided us with an infinite and eternal atonement. He knows and feels all that we do and have and ever will feel. He gave us the blessing of being able to overcome Death and Sin. All will live again and we all can become like Him. He invites us to have faith in Him and to repent, to live His gospel by enduring in the covenants we make at baptism to the very end. Repentance is the process of becoming and what we experience as we turn to him and change our lives so that they are in harmony with His teachings.  We can Become like Him. Even Perfect in the life after this. I love Him.

Love your missionary,
Elder Drew Bowen

No comments:

Post a Comment