Friday, February 28, 2014

Another Great Week!

February 10, 2014
This past week has been great!
On Tuesday we had a zone meeting which was a great meeting! I loved it and afterwards I went on an exchange with Elder Koenen! It was great! I never thought I would get to work with my old companion again but low and behold the Lord provides another personalized blessing! It was great to be able to catch up with him on what has happened the past 6 months! And we got to see how much we had grown in our teaching and every other way! I loved it! We were knocking doors before our appointment with the C. family and their friend C. (Our super bowl miracle) and we meet a nice man named H. who invited us in and we got to teach him. It was a good lesson and he said he would get back to us via phone call. If he does then it'll be a miracle. So hopefully he does and we will be able to teach him and his family. However, no matter what happens it was a tender mercy that we were able to teach him because it gave us an opportunity to see in what ways we have improved and modified our teaching which really helped us for our lesson with C. We got a ride with the C. family to their home where we met C. It was great!  We visited for a short while as dinner was getting finished up and then we had a great meal and then feasted on the gospel! Let's just say C. is golden and really sincere! It was so wonderful to teach her because she said things like..."that makes sense" and " just yesterday I was thinking to my self there has to be more to life than just this life." And we had the C. family bearing testimony and teaching with us. It was great! Miracle lesson! We are even teaching her again tomorrow!
Then Elder Johnson and I had a great lesson with E. and L. just yesterday! We taught them the Plan of Salvation and it was great because they understood it and said "it makes sense" and said "this is actually what I believe too" during parts of the lesson. I feel like L. has made tremendous progress as well as E. I think that she is getting tired of going to a different church every week and is just waiting for E. to say well let's go to the Mormon church this Sunday. Once they come they will keep coming back and will want to become members. I feel like we are really learning patience with them because they keep on doing the once a week visit and some times every other week visit. But they are still reading in the Book of Mormon and they love having us over and they are going to make it to church and will never leave after it. So they are coming along great.
We have also been meeting with B. and teaching him in the morning on Mondays Wednesday and Saturdays. We rescheduled his baptismal date this morning for March 29th. He is going to make it. I can already see the change that is starting to take place in him. It's small but it'll be great in the end.
Also Sister T. and her son came to church on Sunday! They are a part-member family and it was awesome to have them there! It's always incredible to see how happy people are just because they are at church with people they love.
I love y'all so much! It's crazy that it's been a year as of last week! Weird right?! The time has flown and I'm sure it isn't slowing down any time soon. But that just means that we gotta do everything we can know while it's still here! Well I love y'all tons! Oh and my mission president loves y'all to. He mentioned in his email to me today that he loved y'all and that he was so grateful for all y'all do to help and support his missionaries. (speaking of our family and friends and others generally) and he asked me to let y'all know. So now you know that my mission president loves y'all ( kinda neat being loved so much by someone y'all have never met who played MBA and served a mission in Spain and is the tallest mission president in the church ;)
But I love y'all more!

Love your missionary,
Elder Drew Bowen

No comments:

Post a Comment