Saturday, February 8, 2014

Superbowl Miracle!

February 3, 2014

So this past week has been great!

Where to start?! Sunday was amazing! It was just that! I was super happy! I don't even really know why! But I was! Bishop M. was there which was really nice because he has been out of town for a job he took up in Oklahoma but he got to make it this week. Then Fast and Testimony meeting was fantastic! There were so many good testimonies! It was one after another too! Even in our little ward. I loved bishop's testimony! It was about how much he loves the ward and is concerned about the members of it. He also talked about enduring and I just really felt the spirit. I was touched by it. I was so happy during fast and testimony meeting I just kept smiling! I couldn't help it! It got to the point where my face hurt but I couldn't stop. The gospel brings the greatest amount of happiness we could ever have. When we live our lives the way our Heavenly Father would have us live we see clearly how much He truly loves us and how His way is the happiest way! When we do the little things like reading, praying and going to church it helps us to always remember Him. The little things help us to experience the blessings that our Father in Heaven has in store for us. Then over time we build strength and get to the point where we can do great things! And those great things can be hard but the results are incredible! They don't come immediately but they come! Then one day you get hit in the face with just how blessed you truly are and you are flooded with the memory of all the good things that have come to you over the years. I feel like that is what Sunday was for me in sacrament meeting! Being grateful brings an optimism of hope and joy unlike any other.

Also on Sunday we spoke to the C. family and they have a friend who has been asking about the church. Her name is C. They invited us over to their home on Tuseday to come and start teaching her! I'm so excited! They had mentioned that they had a friend who had been asking questions and that they were working on inviting her to meet with us! So we have been looking forward to getting an invite over to their home for a week or 2 now! And here it is on super bowl Sunday! Miracle!

Also we went over to the T. family's home this weekend and we visited with their neighbors, the H. family. Well Miss H. is really interested in genealogy and has been doing it for a long time. Well it just so happens that genealogy is huge in the Lord's kingdom and there is a wonderful web site to help people out. Thankfully the ward had a mini family history night and we knew a little bit more about how to help Miss H. get started on the website familysearch.org than we would have before Thursday. Tender Mercy. We had a really great talk about it and the doctrine behind eternal families too. Family History is missionary work for the living and the dead!

We were knocking doors on Friday and we had been knocking for a couple of hours and we hadn't seen much happen. But we kept going. Well we got to the end of a street and so we started to work our way back to our car on the other side and there was a little girl outside in a driveway riding her bike. We asked "are your parents home?" and she didn't say a word. She peddled right over to her front door and opened the door poked her head in and then said "Ya, y'all can come in." We went in and met Gloria (her mother). We sat down and she asked us who we were and we told her that we were missionaries and what message we were sharing and she said "When I was 17 I met missionaries just like you but I was kinda wild and crazy back then and they couldn't decide if they wanted to give me a Book of Mormon or not." Well we taught her about the restoration and we gave her a Book of Mormon and we are going back on Wednesday! What a blessing it is to teach others about the gospel being Restored!

I hope y'all have a fantastic week and that y'all see miracles back in Utah just like we are seeing in Marshall Texas! Love y'all tons!

Your missionary,
Elder Drew Bowen
 

P.S. This week it rained on Sunday. So I broke out the dorky rain boots and umbrella to help stay dry. I may have looked like a kid in the rain (that's what I think of when I think of those rain boots) but I sure was a happy person walking through puddles and keeping my feet dry! I'll have to send y'all a picture the next time it rains :) Love y'all!    

Elder Bowen turned 20!!

No comments:

Post a Comment